Wednesday, 14 December 2022

Conversación antes de la cena / Conversation before dinner

Who is he?
  My lawyer.
What is he doing here?
  He is with me.
Yeah, but why?
  For consultation, obviously. It's always better to have your lawyer's opinion.
Consultation about what?
  I don't know. You never know when you are going to need your lawyer's consultation.
But this is a dinner.
  Yes, I know.
And we are meeting friends only.
  Yes, I hope so.
So, what is he doing here?
  He is with me.
Yes, but why a lawyer?
  Oh, he wanted to be a lawyer. That I did not choose it for him.
What?
  What?
...
   I have an editor too.
And editor?
  Yes, I enjoy having an editor. It's so nice to have someone correcting your grammar all the time.
Is it?
  Yes, It is. Although I don't bring the editor to dinner. Apparently other people do not like to be correct.
You mean, to be corrected.
  Oh, no, I meant to be correct.
... 
   ...
Well! to be corrected all the time could be a little annoying, really!
  Right!
Right.
  Yes.
What?
  Ah?
Forget it. So, does your editor work for a journal or is he independent?
  He works for a tiny law firm.
That is unusual.
  Is it? I don't know.
Wait! do your editor and your lawyer work together?
  Yes, in fact they do. All the time.
Hahaha, that sounds interesting.
  It's quite. I also have a lover in the same law firm.
What?...
  Hey, welcome back. This is Andrew!
    Hi Andrew. Nice to meet you.
Nice to meet you too.
- This way please!
Thank you.
  Thanks.
    Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Room

She put her hair up in a ponytail. It was cleaning day and she was ready. The broom, the mop, the bucket, the cloth, the all-purpose cleaner...